One year Master course
Starting date: October 2013
Academic training + internship;
- Cmf (Colour Material Finishing)Francesca Valan
- Materials For Interior DesignAlessandro Villa
- Computer Design I, I ILuca Deriu
- Portfolio Design WorkshopClaudio Tesei
- Colour SketchingClaudio Fassini
- Modelling Laboratory I, I IFabio Dell'Orto
- History Of Interior DesignMatteo Pirola
- Lighting DesignLorenzo Simoni
- Interior Design LaboratoriesPaolo Cesaretti, Diego Grandi, Enrico Pinna, Alessandro Villa, Guendalina di Lorenzo
- Warm-Up WorkshopEnrico Pinna, Guendalina di Lorenzo
Materials For Interior Design
The difference between the interior and the exterior of a building, which was very peculiar to XX century architecure, is now getting more and more subtle. There is a mutual link between the structure of buildings and the articulation of their internal space. As in architecture, materials play a critical role in defining the skin of contemporary interior spaces. As construction techniques are constantly evolving, design research aims at experimenting always different technical solutions, structural and formal innovations.
The course objective is to consolidate the culture of materials as a core skill for design. Classes offer an in-depth study of different materials in relation to their potential applications in interior architecture, in the production of furnishings, in the decoration of domestic or public spaces. Starting off with a classification by families of various materials, their characteristics, application, lifecycle, cost and of course their expressive and symbolic values will be analyzed. Particular attention will be paid to the study of finishings and surfaces also in relation to their chromatic component and textures.
Space espresses a function and a meaning. Contemporary interiors as a cultural system require a broader set of professional skills. The course promotes creative thinking along with sound design abilities and an architectural orientation.