One year Master course
Starting date: October 2013
Academic training + internship;
- Cmf (Colour Material Finishing)Francesca Valan
- Materials For Interior DesignAlessandro Villa
- Computer Design I, I ILuca Deriu
- Portfolio Design WorkshopClaudio Tesei
- Colour SketchingClaudio Fassini
- Modelling Laboratory I, I IFabio Dell'Orto
- History Of Interior DesignMatteo Pirola
- Lighting DesignLorenzo Simoni
- Interior Design LaboratoriesPaolo Cesaretti, Diego Grandi, Enrico Pinna, Alessandro Villa, Guendalina di Lorenzo
- Warm-Up WorkshopEnrico Pinna, Guendalina di Lorenzo
History Of Interior Design
The course aims at defining the meaning of interior architecture as a result of juxtaposed stories, experiences, authors and movements to be read and understood in mutual comparison and according to an open approach which encompasses spatial and decorative arts, architecture and design, furniture and exhibit design. The programme tackles interiors as spaces between things, walls, buildings. Travelling across the most recent modernity and coming to the XXth century - when all the experimentations were able to bring fruitful and still valid contibutions to the cultural debate - lectures will concentrate on projects and ideas that can help build “a different tradition”. Thanks to a non-chronological narration of astonishing masterpieces along with hidden gems, this methodological approach is the key to a different kind of design history we can assembly and start new every single time. We have space, a defined, physical place. We have the integration and mutual fertilization among the arts as a methodology and direction. There are cultural movements, artistic vanguards, important events and exhibitions. There are industries and practices, from furniture and household goods to retail design. There are theoretical and historical essays to be read and discussed. There are foreign and Italian names at forefront: internationally acclaimed masters and amazing Italian maestri that were able to define a unique way to interior.
Space espresses a function and a meaning. Contemporary interiors as a cultural system require a broader set of professional skills. The course promotes creative thinking along with sound design abilities and an architectural orientation.