One year Master course
Starting date: October 2013
Academic training + internship;
- Cmf (Colour Material Finishing)Francesca Valan
- Materials For Interior DesignAlessandro Villa
- Computer Design I, I ILuca Deriu
- Portfolio Design WorkshopClaudio Tesei
- Colour SketchingClaudio Fassini
- Modelling Laboratory I, I IFabio Dell'Orto
- History Of Interior DesignMatteo Pirola
- Lighting DesignLorenzo Simoni
- Interior Design LaboratoriesPaolo Cesaretti, Diego Grandi, Enrico Pinna, Alessandro Villa, Guendalina di Lorenzo
- Warm-Up WorkshopEnrico Pinna, Guendalina di Lorenzo
A correct visualization of the concept, carried out by hand well before becoming a three-dimensional file, is a daily operation in the work of any designer. This allows us to give shape to initial insights and quickly verify issues related to the form, function and feasibility of the design itself before entering the CAD 3D phase. The course therefore provides students with the ability to produce rough visuals along with renderings, achieving a higher quality which is even today regarded as professional asset for the designer. Course contens as follows:
- research sketch: lines, proportions, orthogonal and perspective views; finding the structural geometry inside complex shapes; basic effects related to materials, lights and shadows; shading in rough sketches.
- presentation sketch: shading volumes with marker, chalk and mixed techniques; shading; research into materic effects (wood, glass, metal, plastic etc); reflections; presentation techniques
- digital rendering: graphic design and Photoshop; retouching a hand drawn sketch; creation and application of a texture; backgrounds; presentation boards from sketches to composition.
The programme requires an elevated daily commitment in terms of individual work. Weekly assignments to exercise graphic abilities will be given by the teacher.
Space espresses a function and a meaning. Contemporary interiors as a cultural system require a broader set of professional skills. The course promotes creative thinking along with sound design abilities and an architectural orientation.